[AG-TECH] GLOBUS_HOSTNAME problems

Thomas D. Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Aug 27 18:21:21 CDT 2005

The problem with the anonymous certificate was identified and fixed in
the 2.4 release.  It would occur with old (pre-2.3) certificate
repositories into which the anonymous CA certificate had been imported
(automatically by the 2.3 software).  The CA cert was not properly
tagged, so was not used as a CA cert, causing anon cert verification ops
to fail.  Thanks to Darin Oman for submitting his log files; they helped
me understand and resolve the problem.

There is no relationship between the certificate and the hostname.

If you look in the VenueClient.log file (in ~/.AccessGrid/Logs), you
should see an indication of the problem.  I'm interested to see the
logfile myself, to see what has gone wrong and try to help.

Tom