[AG-TECH] Has Anyone got the WinTV PVR 150 to work with VIC?

Proshanta Saha proshanta at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 01:32:11 CDT 2005

I've literally gone through, what seems like a couple of hundred
threads, to find if someone was successful with using the WinTV PVR
150.

I have a dual boot machine with both Window XP SP2 and Fedora Core 3.
I've successfully tested and made sure that the cards work perfectly
(audio and video wise). Unfortunately I am not able to get VIC to use
the sources. In Windows XP I get the usual "terminated in an unusual
way" error. In Linux I get waiting for video which seems like an
eternity, and when I click on transmit it explodes. I read the log,
which was quite useful in linux, it appears not to have passed in the
correct parameters to use the card. As it appears to be a V4L widget
there were no ways to get IVTV controls to work. Does VIC care if it's
has a hardware video encoder?

I can use extended video producer and vlc, but VLC appears to allow me
to transmit only 1 stream, not the multiple streams I'd like to
transmit. And it also requires end users to have the extended video
producers aswell (a big zip package because of the inclusion of VLC).

I am running out of places to search for information. I would greatly
appreciate any information or tips you can send over my way.