[AG-TECH] Has Anyone got the WinTV PVR 150 to work with VIC?

Christoph Willing willing at itee.uq.edu.au
Mon Aug 15 02:22:35 CDT 2005

On 15/08/2005, at 4:32 PM, Proshanta Saha wrote:

> I've literally gone through, what seems like a couple of hundred
> threads, to find if someone was successful with using the WinTV PVR
> 150.
>
> I have a dual boot machine with both Window XP SP2 and Fedora Core 3.
> I've successfully tested and made sure that the cards work perfectly
> (audio and video wise). Unfortunately I am not able to get VIC to use
> the sources. In Windows XP I get the usual "terminated in an unusual
> way" error. In Linux I get waiting for video which seems like an
> eternity, and when I click on transmit it explodes. I read the log,
> which was quite useful in linux, it appears not to have passed in the
> correct parameters to use the card. As it appears to be a V4L widget
> there were no ways to get IVTV controls to work. Does VIC care if it's
> has a hardware video encoder?

Proshanta,

The PVR150 can't be recognised by vic at the moment because no one has
written the interface module for vic which allows it to use the IVTV
driver. Its on our list of things to do because we have some PVR250
cards we want to use, but have had no time for it yet.

> I can use extended video producer and vlc, but VLC appears to allow me
> to transmit only 1 stream, not the multiple streams I'd like to
> transmit.

Does that mean you're trying multiple PVR150 cards in the same machine?
It means, at least, that you'd need multiple instances of VLC (just as
you need multiple instances of vic if you want multiple ordinary video
streams). Is that possible? I've never tried it myself.

chris

Christoph Willing                        Ph: +61 7 3365 8350
QPSF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland