[AG-TECH] Has Anyone got the WinTV PVR 150 to work with VIC?

Proshanta Saha proshanta at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 09:48:06 CDT 2005

Hi Chris,

Yes, I am using multiple WinTV PVR 150 cards in both Windows and Linux
Environments. I'm going to try to debug the window environment VIC to
see why VFW does not seem to like the caputer card at all. I would
certainly like to use it under linux so that I can set the source
while adding the service. I understand the concerns over IVTV's
drivers, it still appears to be in a fairly beta release. However, if
someone can point me to the particular modules using V4L drivers, I
can try to see if I can convice it to use IVTV instead. Is the
Berkeley repository for VIC still the defacto place for the CVS
snapshots?

While I'm debugging this I think I'll go on a hunting mission to find
if we have some Hauppauge WinTV PCI (model 401) lying around. It
appears to be missing from the shelves in most stores, probably gonna
be hard to get through our authorized vendors. The politics of vendor
list is quite messy, and we're generally restricted to only them. But
before I do is there a list of cards that VIC supports under linux
using V4L?

In regards to VLC, you are allowed to use multiple instances and
multiple streams, I'm trying to tinker with the tool to allow me to
view multiple streams while its being sent to the destination IP. Nice
tool, I think the DV and HDV group of the extended video
producer/consumer service project has some literature, but not enough
documentation on how to configure multipe streams.

Proshanta