[AG-TECH] Super PIG

aspale1 aspale1 at lac.uic.edu
Thu Aug 11 11:51:06 CDT 2005

John,

Actually the setup is quite cumbersome, and I have recommended to our
operator that he disable video until he is in the meeting location and
then enable video. Otherwise, he is going to have to configure the video
unnecessarily for each room move. The Logitech camera is set to use the
Microsoft WDM driver, while the Creative webcam installed its own driver
that is the VFW type.

Both instances of VIC start at a basic level. One of the VIC windows
requests that you select the camera source. For this instance of VIC that
maps to the VideoProducerService, I choose the Logitech webcam. For the
other instance of VIC (running as a VideoService), I manually configure
things because the Creative Live Ultra webcam seems to have a tendency to
cause VIC to crash or crash windows if the correct resolution is not set.
This instance of VIC (when checking the device) knows that Creative should
be used. So, when I press transmit and configure the webcam, I should see
the other video streams as well as the Creative webcam video stream. If
there were a better way to do this, it would be useful to know.

Because the lab does not have multicast, I do not know why the webcam from
the Logitech webcam does not appear in the other VIC window where the
Creative webcam appears.

I hope this helps.

Allan

National Center for Data Mining