[AG-TECH] Re: your mail

Supreeya Miller Supreeya.Miller at usm.edu
Mon Aug 8 10:14:11 CDT 2005

I had a similar audio problem with my new Dell machine running Windows
XP.
	Precision Workstation 670 Minitower, 3.00 GHz, Dual Xeon
Processor
	Sound Blaster Audigy 2
RAT would work fine for a small number of minutes but not more than 5
minute.  Then it would not transmit the audio both receiving and
transmitting.  Oddly, rat was still running (but no audio).

I then uninstalled the driver, and the machine tried to install the
driver back, but it could not since there was a missing directory from
the previous factory-install.  So I had to get the CD and do a complete
install.  That missing directory had just 1 file, but it was important
enough to get RAT to work properly.

This has fixed my problem (somewhat).  Now RAT would work normally for
about 8 - 10 hours.  Then it would stop transmit audio again.  This is
good enough for running a meeting or a class, which does not last more
than 8 hours anyway.

So, try to install the driver or get update/a new one.  It might help
you.

Good luck.

Supreeya Miller
System Administrator, Scientific Visualization Researcher, and Access
Grid Coordinator
The Center of Higher Learning
Building 1103 Room 102
Stennis Space Center, MS  39529