[AG-TECH] AG usage log analysis

Eric Olson eolson at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 13 11:04:45 CDT 2005

Hi Jennifer,
There is a log file called ServerUsage.csv that is generated in the Logs
directory of the user running the servers.
(windows: Doc&Settings\<user>\Application Data\AccessGrid\Logs)
(linux/unix: ~/.AccessGrid/Logs)

It is written in comma-delimited format so it can be easily opened by any
program like Excel, OpenOffice Calc, or your own custom tool.
The events currently logged in there are Enter, Exit, and RemoveUser.

Enter and RemoveUser are the main log events that show if a user is in a
venue or not.  Exit only tells you when the user chose to leave the room
by clicking to change venues or closing the venueclient.  RemoveUser shows
when the server removes the user -- either because the user asked to Exit,
or for some other reason such a connection timeout.

Eric