[AG-TECH] unicast bridging

Paul Mercer mercer at arsc.edu
Mon Sep 27 14:59:23 CDT 2004

All

Today I was testing a new pig for a new ag user.  He does not have a
multicast network.  When we connected to the Test Room using unicast
and using the argonne bridge we could only see sites that were using
the bridge.  The venue client showed many others in the room. When we
connected to the Lobby again using unicast but using  the HLRS Bridge
from Stuttgart we were able to see other sites using multicast. Can
anyone explain what is going on?

Thanks

Paul
--
Paul Mercer
907 450 8649

Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about
telescopes. - Edsger W. Dijkstra, computer science professor