[AG-TECH] recording an agn session

Hank Magnuski hankm at ncast.com
Fri Sep 24 17:18:09 CDT 2004

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004, Kasper Peeters wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any way to record an agn session (or rather, one particular
> video stream of it)? RTPdump solutions, or pointing a camera at the
> screen are not exactly satisfactory...

I've put together a short demonstration clip of how our new product, the
Telepresenter G2-R, can record and archive the main screen of your Access
Grid session.

This is a hardware unit that captures the RGB (or DVI) output going to
your main display and creates an MPEG-4 file at XGA resolution with the
associated audio feed.

If you have a recent version of Quicktime installed on your machine, you
can view this demo here:

  http://www.ncast.com/g2-agdemo.html

If you have some other MPEG-4 player, you can try this URL:

  rtsp://server177.ncast.com/g2/g2-agdemo.mp4

There's an MPEG-4 plug-in for Windows Media player which will work:

  http://www.mpegable.com/show/download.html (Click on DS Decoder)

or you can try other tools such as the VideoLan Client.

Contact me off list if you need more information.

Hank