[AG-TECH] recording an agn session

Allan Spale aspale at evl.uic.edu
Fri Sep 17 14:44:33 CDT 2004

Kasper,

A few years ago before the AG moved to version 2.x, there was a system
known as Voyager Multimedia Server.  It was considered to be fairly stable
and was used to record AG sessions (audio and video) and was used to
record the first SC Global way back in 2001.

Although I have not kept up with the project, I do not know what plans are
being made to integrate Voyager into the new AG.  ANL keeps a project page
of Voyager at http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/fl/research/voyager/.  In fact,
the page indicates that you can download code to create your own local
Voyager multimedia server.  Unfortunately, there is no obvious
documentation (at least from that website).

Allan
EVL @ UIC
Research Assistant