[AG-TECH] RAT not starting up in AG 2.3 on Win XP

Eric Olson eolson at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Sep 24 12:01:15 CDT 2004

Hi Wesley,
Maybe you've checked this, but often rat not starting is a symptom of no
multicast available or a firewall blocking multicast.

You could try unicast only and see if it helps by: turning off audio in
the menu before going to a venue, then going to a venue and switching to
unicast (assuming there is a bridge available), and finally turning on
audio again.  If this unicast method works, then multicast connectivity is
likely the problem -- although I'm not sure if that helps test firewall
issues or not.

Eric