[AG-TECH] 2.3 encrypted venues problem?

Markus Buchhorn Markus.Buchhorn at anu.edu.au
Tue Sep 14 00:49:11 CDT 2004

Hi All

Just bringing up a new node, I'm braving a range of new things - WinXP-SP2 and AG 2.3 final amongst them. Initially testing on a single-machine, before I bring the other boxes to life, no video-producer yet.

One thing I have spotted is that when I enter an encrypted venue the audio service starts fine (i.e. rat kicks in) but the video consumer does not, i.e. no vic. If I move to another non-encrypted venue, things start fine. Move back to the encrypted venue - no go.

Looking in the VideoConsumerService.log file is interesting - I can see the venue changes being called for, but not the entry to an encrypted venue. So it seems like it's not even being called to change venue. The AudioService.log file does show it.

Does anybody else see this problem?

This was on the AP-AG venue server. I'm having a lot of grief connecting to the ANL TVS, but maybe it's just going up and down a bit at the moment...?

Cheers,
	Markus

Markus Buchhorn, ANU Internet Futures             |Ph: +61 2 61258810
Markus.Buchhorn at anu.edu.au                        |Fx: +61 2 61259805
The Australian National University, Canberra 0200 |Mob: 0417 281429