[AG-TECH] Remore controlled cameras

David McNabb mcnabb at umd.edu
Thu Oct 28 11:15:54 CDT 2004

(At least our early version of) the inSORS software came
with a feature to allow remote sites to control your cameras.
This was very cool and great fun to play with.  If people got
out of control, you just turned off the allow-remote-control
feature and went back to controlling your cameras yourself.

I never saw a "real" meeting case where it led to chaos,
though I did not ever use it in a meeting with more than a
few inSORS nodes present.  I have seen cases where the
remote node did not have a node op or local participant
with spare time to tweak cameras, so getting them to turn
on remote camera control was extremely useful.

IMHO, a serial port based camera-controller for evi's and
vcc4's would be a very welcome addition to AGTk, either
with remote-node control of local cameras or without.

  --David

David McNabb
Project Lead, UMAGI
UM Access Grid Initiative