[AG-TECH] Remore controlled cameras

Fred Dech fdech at uchicago.edu
Thu Oct 28 14:46:38 CDT 2004

i just watched inSORS install a node and their current software still
allows for remote camera control.  i personally never allow it and don't
like it.  but in certain situations (e.g., where one node-op is managing
two different nodes simultaneously as David discribes) it should be very
useful.

Canon also provides an SDK for their serial control protocol.  i can't
remember if it is C, C++ or what.  their default controller application
works, but has some annoying issues.  the inSORS control interface is
much more user friendly.  i assume that they built it from Canon's SDK.
i don't plan on writing another controller. i can live with the default
Canon app. when not running inSORS-hooked AG.
but someone out there may find it fun to give the SDK a try...

--fred