[AG-TECH] Anonymous and NTP

Thomas D. Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Oct 20 21:30:37 CDT 2004

Jeremy:

The message you're getting is shown when the time could not be retrieved
from the ntp server.  If you're confident that the time is not a
problem, I'd suspect a problem with the anonymous certificate, or with
the anonymous CA certificate in the certificate repository of the user
running the venue server.

You should check the cert repo of the user running the venue server and
the venue client for the presence of the anonymous ca cert.  If the CA
cert is missing, the certificate status will be 'Invalid CA chain'.

There should also be an indication of the problem in the VenueServer.log
or VenueClient.log; if the problem isn't clear there, you can send the
relevant portion of the logfile to me.

Tom