[AG-TECH] H.323 hardware and Accessgrid hardware

gurcharan khanna gkhanna at Dartmouth.EDU
Tue Oct 12 09:42:14 CDT 2004

Marie-Noelle Dauphin wrote:

>hello ,
>
>do you think it's possible to connect the video and audio output of H323
>hardware ( like  Polycom vsx700 for example ) on a videocapture card ( like
>Hauppauge ) and audio card  of a PC which run accessgrid...
>
>it will save me buying camera , micro and gentner and i will use my h323
>hardware for accessgrid ....
>
>thank 's for your response ...
>
>Marie-Noelle

Hi,

I have been doing this successfully for some time now. I have taken the
S-video or composite out from a Polycom
Viewstation and  used it as input to the Osprey cards in my AG capture
machine. On my polycom at least, one of
the outputs was "pure video" from the camera, the other output was the
polycom display screen for the conference
it was in, so be aware of that.

As for audio, that should work too. I have been using a separate Polycom
Soundstation for audio in/out, so haven't had
to use the built-in polycom audio as a source for AG sessions. I would
think that in the simplest case with a single mic, and
a small room, you could take the line out from the Polycom and feed it
into your AG audio capture card. However, with
multiple mics, and a large room, echo cancellation issues might arise.

Try it and let us know how it works.

-gurcharan
Gurcharan S. Khanna
Dartmouth College