[AG-TECH] H.323 hardware and Accessgrid hardware

Vic Cornell vcc at soc.soton.ac.uk
Mon Oct 11 09:17:55 CDT 2004

Have you looked to see if your polycom does streaming?

On Tandberg hardware its possible to send video and audio streams
direct to multicast and unicast addresses.

Our Tandberg can drive a monitor via both s-video and composite - both
of which could be piped into a capture card like the osprey.
You'd lose some quality doing that and I dont know if such a setup
would qualify as a full access grid node.

Vic

On 11 Oct 2004, at 14:58, Marie-Noelle Dauphin wrote:

> hello ,
>
> do you think it's possible to connect the video and audio output of
> H323
> hardware ( like  Polycom vsx700 for example ) on a videocapture card (
> like
> Hauppauge ) and audio card  of a PC which run accessgrid...
>
> it will save me buying camera , micro and gentner and i will use my
> h323
> hardware for accessgrid ....
>
> thank 's for your response ...
>
> Marie-Noelle

Vic Cornell.
IT Development Manager.  Information Technology Group.
Southampton Oceanography Centre, Room 124/02, Empress Dock,
European Way, SOUTHAMPTON, SO14 3ZH, UK.
Email:          vcc at soc.soton.ac.uk     http://www.soc.soton.ac.uk/
Weds/Thurs :    Tel: 02380 596 193      Fax: 02380 596 195
Mon/Tue/Fri:    Tel/Fax: 01803 813 792  Mobile:         07905 629 202