[AG-TECH] DV Camera - working !!

Richard Naylor richard.naylor at citylink.co.nz
Sat Oct 9 21:14:58 CDT 2004

Howdy all,

Its been a crazy week getting 5 nodes going and doing demos all week.

But last night I had a play. I know others have tried DV handy cams as
cameras and that vic protests. I remembered an old ap that I used to use
and tried it last night and it worked. I can now use a firewire device as
input.

I used webcamdv from www.webcamdv.com - well I got it from OrangeMicro
years ago, but the new site is probably more up to date. The older version
is a bit fussy and required a few reboots, but in the end I succeeded.

I found webcamdv originally as it created vfw drivers for DV devices.

Another possible camera option for folks. Hope it helps

rich