[AG-TECH] Fedora Core 2 AGtk 2.3 and Audio Drivers

West Suhanic giraffe911 at rogers.com
Thu Oct 7 22:27:14 CDT 2004

Hi Douglas:

I downloaded, via yum, the AGtk 2.3 rpms onto a machine running stock
Fedora Core 2. I have had a very difficult time with the device drivers for
the both the onboard audio, intel 8x0, and a Sound Blaster PCI 128. I was reduced
to using the OSS drivers-(  which are still only partially running for the Sound Blaster PCI 128).
My questions are:

1) What audio card are you using?
2) What device drivers are you using for the audio card? ALSA?
3) Have you upgraded the stock Fedora Core kernel from 2.6.5-1.358 to a newer kernel?
4) What video capture device are you using? Again what driver and kernel?

Thank you in advance for your help. It is appreciated.

regards,

West Suhanic