[AG-TECH] Video Capture Card

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Thu Oct 7 20:28:07 CDT 2004

Hi Patrick,

> I recently purchased 4 Hauppauge WinTV Radio cards.  They came with
> chipset 878 which has RedHat Linux drivers available.  However, chipset
> 878 has a PCI version that is incompatible with PCI-X.  There is an
> option of getting Hauppauge cards with chipset 881 but I can't find any
> RedHat Linux drivers.

I think what you are asking for is a PCI 3.3V/5V compatible capture card, in
particular a PCI card with the 3.3V notch which will allow to plug into
PCI-X slot which only supports 3.3V. The WinTV Radio card you describe
sounds as if it only has the 5V notch.

The Bt878 based Pinnacle TV has a 3.3V notch, there are probably other Bt878
based cards out there with the 3.3V notch.

Cheers,
Doug