Fw: [AG-TECH] multinode?

Ti Leggett leggett at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Nov 22 08:43:34 CST 2004

The Access Grid is based off of the Globus toolkit currently. The Globus
toolkit is one toolkit developed to enable the creation and use of
grids. Primarily what the AG uses of the Globus toolkit are the secure
connections (hence the need for certificates) and data transfer/storage
(i.e., GridFTP). By itself, the AGTk does not allow the job submission,
etc; however, since it's based on the Globus toolkit adding those
services or shared applications is fairly trivial. Derek has the right
description in regards to the AG enabling people to interact the way
that Globus and grid toolkits enable computers/clusters to interact.

That being said, I believe there has been work as part of the Scientific
Workspaces of the Future (SWOF) project to create an AG shared
application or service that allows an AG user to start globus jobs on a
remote cluster using data stored in the AG data store and collect data
back to the AG data store.

--
Ti Leggett <leggett at mcs.anl.gov>