Fw: [AG-TECH] multinode?

Derek Piper dcpiper at indiana.edu
Mon Nov 22 08:15:03 CST 2004

	For my own understanding of it, I didn't think that grid-computing
(TeraGrid) and AccessGrid were the same sorts of things. To my mind,
'AccessGrid' is a colaborative tool, any number of people can interact
with each other. Grid computing on the other hand is .. well, any number
of *computers* 'interacting' with each other, i.e. job/message passing.
People might use the AccessGrid to talk about projects like TeraGrid,
but I don't believe they are as closely related as you mention.
	By nodes 'working', the subject I thought was that of running
AccessGrid audio,video and display services on machines of either
platform (Windows/Linux). In that manner, either platform works for each
service. There may be performance differences, but they will both do a job.
	Of course I am happy to be enlightened about any of this by anyone more
knowledgable :)

	Derek