[AG-TECH] Problems installing AG Toolkit 2.3

Judy L. Cox jlcox at tlc2.uh.edu
Fri Nov 19 08:56:50 CST 2004

Hello,

I installed AG Toolkit 2.3 on an IBM Thinkpad laptop (WindowsXP O/S) for a
customer.  The video camera is Logitech QuickCam Orbit and the microphone is
Plantronics w/ echo canceling.  I successfully installed the appropriate
software.  In addition I requested and loaded the certificate.   When I
tried to start the NODE or SERVER MANAGER services the following error
message appears:

NODE Service error message:

'C:\Python23\lib\fcntl.py:7: DeprecationWarning: the FCNTL mode is
deprecated; please use fcntl.

 C:\Python23\lib\termios:py:7: DeprecationWarning: the TERMIOS module is
deprecated; please use termios

 Starting Node Service URL: https://my <https://my/>  IP
address:11000/NodeService

Starting Service Manager URL: https://my <https://my/>  IP
address:11000/ServiceManager

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "C:\Program Files\AGTk-2.3\bin\AGServiceManager.py", line 145, in ?

  File "C:\Program Files\AGTk-2.3\bin\AGServiceManager.py", line 130, in
main

    gNodeService.LoadDefaultConfig()

  File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\AccessGrid\AGNodeService.py", line 359
in

    LoadDefaultConfig

       Raise Exception ("Failed to load default configuration (%s)" %

Exception: Failed to load default configuration (defaultWindows)'

SERVICE MANAGE error message:

'C:\Python23\lib\fcntl.py:7: DeprecationWarning: the FCNTL module is
deprecated; please use fcntl

C:\Python23\lib\termios.py:7: DeprecationWarning: the TERMIOS module is
deprecated; please use termios

Starting Service Manager URL: https://129.7.249.136:11000/ServiceManager'

Of course, the service should be running before I can setup complete the
Node Wizard.   I searched the internet for this error message and found an
article which stated the problem is due to  "Windoze " which has a case
insensitive file system.  I tried renaming FCNTL and TERMIOS.  Also, I
renamed using the same name, but in lower case.   Has anyone experiencing
this problem before?   If so, what is the fix?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Judy