[AG-TECH] AGTk 2.2 Alpha

Todd Zimmerman toddz at sfu.ca
Mon May 10 12:23:28 CDT 2004

Anyone else trying out the AG2.2 alpha??

I've tried the AG2.2 alpha release and am currently trying the daily
snapshot on WinXP with the same results.

Here's my experience so far...

  - When I start up the VenueClient from the start menu, it appears that
the AGNodeService and/or AGServiceManager is not auto started.

  - If I start the AGServiceManager.py and AGNodeService.py by hand,
then launch the venueclient, it appears appears that the venueclient
connects to these fine.

- If I try to 'Manage My Node', the AudioService and
VideoConsumerService are there; however, in the configuration of each,
the 'resource' field is blank, and cannot be changed.

-  If I try to add a VideoProducer I get an 'unscriptable object' error
in the ServiceManager window.

- If I connect to an AG2.1.2b VenueServer, , my service manager
complains with:
log.exception("Error writing RTP defaults to registry") and notes
NameError: global name 'log' is not defined

I know this is still very alpha - however, if anyone else has attempted
running this and had better success, any hints would help.

Also, are the developers looking for bug reports on this alpha - or
should we wait for the beta.

Thanks all,

Todd
--
Collaboration & Visualization Technician
WestGrid - www.westgrid.ca
Todd Zimmerman - toddz at sfu.ca