[AG-TECH] Still nothing

Michael Miller mimiller at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Mon May 3 15:36:18 CDT 2004

Aaron,

Let me make sure I understand,  you're running the NodeManager.py at a
prompt rather than going to the VenueClient and selecting
Preferences->ManageMyNode

If this is the case, what happens when you run Preferences->ManageMyNode
from the VenueClient?

Michael Miller
NCSA

At 03:18 PM 5/3/2004, Aaron Lafferty wrote:
>Hey all...
>
>So I've been reading some documentation I found here
>http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/fl/research/accessgrid/documentation/RoomBasedNode-HowTo/RoomBasedNode-HowTo.html
>
>So here's my setup:
>
>#### On the windows xp pro box
>no internet connection firewall!
>
>I start the AGNodeService.py script... it tells me its started on port
>11000 I can verify this via telnet
>
>I start the AGServiceManager script... it tells me that its started on
>port 12k I can verify this via telnet as well
>
>#### On the audio capture box fedora core 1
>iptables is off!
>
>I start the AGServiceManagerscript... it tells me that its started on
>port 12k
>
>i can set a browser to https://x:12000/ServiceManager and it challenges
>me for an identification certificate
>
>#### on the video capture device fedora core 1
>iptables is off!
>
>I start the AGServiceManagerscript... it tells me that its started on
>port 12k
>
>i can set a browser to https://x:12000/ServiceManager and it challenges
>me for an identification certificate
>
>-------------------
>
>Ok to here this seems like everything is the way it should be right?
>Originally I had 3 different certs on these boxes (probably shouldn't
>have)... i have imported on cert to all boxes and that is the only one
>they use... I destoryed the globus proxy so it made me create another
>with the new cert.
>
>Time's are synced to within a fraction of a second of one another...
>
>If I run the AGVenueClient from the display (xp) box it runs and
>connects fine to the default venue server.  So outbound to that works...
>
>If I run the NodeManager script as it says to do in the documentation I
>cited above (this is not from the AGVenueClient, but the standalone node
>manager)  It comes up but is not connected.  If I use file and localhost
>nothing happens (port 11k) I use the FQDN, nothing... the IP address
>nothing!
>
>If I try adding services through the service manager menu option I
>receive Error Adding Service Manager for both the audio and video
>capture device.  This occurs on both the FQDN, IP address, and hostname.
>
>Anybody have any clues for me?
>
>Thanks!
>Aaron

Thanx,

Michael Miller
System Engineer
Visualization Technology Support
Computing and Data Management
University of Illinois - UC
217-649-0747

"If you're clear in your vision and trust the people in your team with
clear objectives, they will invariably do their best to achieve everything
desired, and usually deliver everything you could have hoped for and even
more." -Paul Debevec