[AG-TECH] Electronic Whiteboards

Allan Spale aspale at evl.uic.edu
Tue Mar 30 17:41:57 CST 2004

Rob,

EVL/UIC does not directly integrate a whiteboard into the AG model.  As a
side note, there is software that originated from the same "suite" of
videoconferencing software from UCL called Whiteboard (WBD).  Details and
downloads are here: http://www-mice.cs.ucl.ac.uk/multimedia/software/wbd/.
Typically, the whiteboard would act as a standalone unit for local use.
If used collaboratively, it will be used with Microsoft NetMeeting.

As far as whiteboard hardware, we have plasma screens that are touch
screen capable.  We use technology from SMART Technologies
(http://www.smarttech.com/).  We also looked at Mimio for a while but did
not really use this (http://www.mimio.com/index.shtml).

Allan
EVL @ UIC