[AG-TECH] Electronic Whiteboards

Markus Buchhorn Markus.Buchhorn at anu.edu.au
Tue Mar 30 17:32:11 CST 2004

Hi Robert

At 13:54 30/03/2004 -0800, Robert Callaway wrote:
>I am wondering if there is a wide use of electronic whiteboards in Access Grid sessions. Is this something that I should consider incorporating in my design? Also, does anyone have any advice on specific equipment?

I presume you mean the big white things with pen trackers, rather than the software whiteboard tools?

I've just bought some e-Beams and Mimio's for our 3 nodes at ANU, and will shortly have some students working on code to integrate them with perhaps wb/wbd/dlb or similar. I haven't seen a lot of use (Ok, any) of them in AG sessions, as a native digital source, only as something you point a camera at :-( so I'd like to fix that.

If anybody else is working in this space please let me know ASAP :-)

Our astronomers rated it as one of their 'must-haves' for their node, I imagine your engineers will be the same.

We might also look at hooking in SmartBoards down the track, but they're a lot more pricey.

Cheers,
        Markus

Markus Buchhorn, ANU Internet Futures Group,       |Ph: +61 2 61258810
Markus.Buchhorn at anu.edu.au, mail: Bldg #108 CS&IT  |Fx: +61 2 61259805
Australian National University, Canberra 0200 Aust.|Mob: 0417 281429