[AG-TECH] Re: [Westgrid-AGTech] FYI - Kodak's 3-D display system

Pierre Boulanger pierreb at cs.ualberta.ca
Fri Mar 26 00:43:55 CST 2004

Hello Jason,

Funny you say that. We just did last week a large screen teleconferencing
system using Tanberg codex. We had a very fluid stereo display over 1.5Mb/s
on an eight feet screen. This was part of a demo we did for Tanberg to
illustrate how their new multichannel encrypted codex can be used for other
thing that just standard video conferencing. At one end the display device
was based on a passive stereo display system using circular polarization and
at the other end it was a autostereo display system from DTI. In both cases
the stereo quality was excellent. We are in the process of  implementing a
new view morphing technique to allow users to adjust stereo parameters at
each end. This is key in order to reduce eye fatigue and to adapt to the
various intra ocular distances of participants. We are also planning to do
the same with the access grid except that I am worry about the latency issue
between the left and right image. In one of the direction we use in fact a
side by side multiplexer to make sure the frames arrive at the same time.

We should compare notes!

Cheers!

Pierre