[AG-TECH] Re: [Westgrid-AGTech] FYI - Kodak's 3-D display system

Jason Harrison harrison at cs.ubc.ca
Thu Mar 25 18:56:03 CST 2004

We are building a GeoWall in Imager -- projectors and polarizers are
here, screen and projector starter are on their way.  We should be able
to do widescreen stereo "accessgrid" when it's all here if we can get
another site to use two cameras.

-Jason

On Mar 25, 2004, at 10:53, Andrew Daviel wrote:

>  ... Hmm, after reading the web page fter starting to compose this,
> it's not quite so cool. a "host of others" is one-at-a-time, you have
> peer through some "large" 32mm viewing pupils at a pair of LCD
> displays.
> Maybe I'll stick with geowall and polaroid glasses (conceptually, at
> least; we haven't tried putting one together)
>

> from Computing Unplugged mailing:
>

>                            Kodak's 3-D display system
>        Kodak has developed a system that allows video game players,
> earth
>      scientists and a host of others to experience three-dimensional
> images
>        without glasses or headgear of any type creating the sensation
> of
>      actually being a part of the image. Kodak will introduce a
> commercial
>      prototype of its Stereoscopic Imaging Display system at the
> Exhibitor
>                   Show 2004 in Las Vegas, Nevada, March 15-17.
>
> http://www.kodak.com/US/en/corp/pressReleases/pr20040315-01.shtml
>
> --
> Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada
> Tel. +1 (604) 222-7376
> security at triumf.ca

-----
Jason Harrison, PhD
Post-Doctoral Fellow and Imager Lab Manager
Imager Laboratory for Graphics, Visualization and HCI
FSC3640 - 2424 Main Mall, Vancouver BC V6T 1Z4
Cell: 604 644 8611 Lab: 604 822 2218; Fax: 604 822 8989
Web: http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~harrison