[AG-TECH] Mute switch for AG.

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Mar 24 11:39:53 CST 2004

At 11:32 AM 3/24/2004, cunningham at psc.edu wrote:

>My boss wants us to add mute switches to our AG so the users can mute and
>unmute
>as desired w/o operator intervention.
>
>Have any of you put together such a system or know if/where one is available?

I've not done this, but have considered it using the gentner hardware
status/control tools.

On the gentner, it's possible to wire a switches that trigger changes in
the gentner config; so one could build physical mute switches that cause
(say) the output from the gentner to the capture PC to be muted. One could
also cause a gentner output pin to track the state of that muting, and use
it to drive a "on the air" light.

This can fail on the side of not actually being online when the red light
is on (if the rat isn't running, is muted, etc), but that's a good
conservative way to fail :-).

--bob