[AG-TECH] Mute switch for AG.

Cindy Sievers sievers at lanl.gov
Wed Mar 24 13:33:51 CST 2004

An easy solution is to use mics that have on/off buttons.....we use the
Shure MX393/S table top mics.  The drawback is that the gentner has to
retrain each time the mic is muted or turned on...takes about 10-20
seconds, but it's fine after that.

At 10:32 AM 3/24/2004, cunningham at psc.edu wrote:

>My boss wants us to add mute switches to our AG so the users can mute and
>unmute
>as desired w/o operator intervention.
>
>An ideal system would either mute outside of the machines, (between
>Gentner and
>aud-cap), or toggle the mute within rat through an interface to aud-cap.
>I have no idea how the latter would work.
>
>There would be 3-4 momentary switches for our tables that would toggle the
>state from muted to unmuted or back with a touch of the switch.  The system
>would also have an indicator that shows whether we're muted or live at any
>given point.
>
>Have any of you put together such a system or know if/where one is available?
>
>Thanks,
>Steve

Cindy Sievers           Los Alamos National Laboratory
sievers at lanl.gov        Group CCS-1 MS B287
tel:505.665.6602        Advanced Computing
fax:505.665.4939        Los Alamos, NM 87544