[AG-TECH] hardware setup

Ron Crummett roncrummett at mail.caynetco.com
Mon Mar 22 13:47:33 CST 2004

Okay, I have been trying to spec out a full-room node and have read over the various tutorials available on the Internet.  But there doesn't seem to be too much available on how you actually connect everything.  Maybe it's supposed to be straightforward (I don't have any hardware in front of me right now), but most of my questions revolve around the audio, and how everything is to be connected.

I have looked at the Gentner spec sheets and the visuals on those, and I'll say I have NEVER seen input/output connections like the ones depicted on the back of the Gentner, according to these sheets.  Moreover, the Gentner will need to be connected to my computer at some point.

Now I don't know exactly what the microphone and speaker connections look like, but I am having a hard time believing that they look like those on the back of the Gentner, so some sort of adapter system (which doesn't seem to be discussed too much) is needed.  What exactly is it that I need to be looking for?  Is this the MatchMaker I have read ever so little about on the tutorials?  And adapter cables - do they exist?  Where can I find these products?  I don't have any hardware in front of me right now, but I would hate to think that I am ready to set everything up only to find that I am missing some parts that "bridge" the connections.

-Ron Crummett

Satisfying all your Ron Crummett needs since 1978