[AG-TECH] hardware setup

Tom Coffin tcoffin at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Mon Mar 22 14:03:36 CST 2004

yeah, the Pheonix pushon blocks are always a surprise

the manual (http://www.clearone.com/library/clearone_ap400_man.pdf)
page 15 figure 2.3 shows how to wire the Pheonix pushon blocks

It also shows the basic hardware setup on page 14

I have a basic ap400 hardware setup diagram at:
http://ball-www2.ncsa.uiuc.edu/Demos/AccessGrid/Hardware/gentner_config.html

At 02:47 PM 3/22/2004 -0500, Ron Crummett wrote:
   >Okay, I have been trying to spec out a full-room node and have read
over the various tutorials available on the Internet.  But there doesn't
seem to be too much available on how you actually connect everything.
Maybe it's supposed to be straightforward (I don't have any hardware in
front of me right now), but most of my questions revolve around the audio,
and how everything is to be connected.

   >I have looked at the Gentner spec sheets and the visuals on those, and
I'll say I have NEVER seen input/output connections like the ones depicted
on the back of the Gentner, according to these sheets.  Moreover, the
Gentner will need to be connected to my computer at some point.

   >Now I don't know exactly what the microphone and speaker connections
look like, but I am having a hard time believing that they look like those
on the back of the Gentner, so some sort of adapter system (which doesn't
seem to be discussed too much) is needed.  What exactly is it that I need
to be looking for?  Is this the MatchMaker I have read ever so little about
on the tutorials?  And adapter cables - do they exist?  Where can I find
these products?  I don't have any hardware in front of me right now, but I
would hate to think that I am ready to set everything up only to find that
I am missing some parts that "bridge" the connections.

Tom Coffin .......................... tcoffin at ncsa.uiuc.edu