[AG-TECH] Echo Cancellation

Markus Buchhorn Markus.Buchhorn at anu.edu.au
Mon Mar 8 15:45:19 CST 2004

Hi Shudo san

At 11:06 8/03/2004 +0900, shudo at ni.aist.go.jp wrote:
>I have a comparing table of Polycom and ClearOne products.
>The table has many rows and significant and easy-to-understand items
>are as follows:
>[...]

Indeed. There were other tables I saw as well but can't find now <sigh>. One of the other very interesting features of the 2280 is the ability to run with two reference signals simultaneously, so e.g. you can split the box in half and run two (smaller) AG nodes on the one box, and switch between the configurations.

I met the engineer yesterday and he agreed to write it all up, so I'll submit it to the AGDP when it's done.

>It's desirable that the recipes are enhanced but it's hard to
>gain experience on using many kinds of echo cancellers because they
>are pretty expesinve.

Agreed! It would be nice to have one of each to examine. I see a few people have mentioned other single-channel AECs, but not too many competitors at the high end. If we could get everybody who has one of anything AEC to collect all of their tech specs and URLs and submit them to the AGDP, I'm sure Jennifer wouldn't mind cleaning it all up and creating a nice new document .... ;^>

Cheers,
        Markus

Markus Buchhorn, ANU Internet Futures Group,       |Ph: +61 2 61258810
Markus.Buchhorn at anu.edu.au, mail: Bldg #108 CS&IT  |Fx: +61 2 61259805
Australian National University, Canberra 0200 Aust.|Mob: 0417 281429