[AG-TECH] Re: IPv6 support in VP

Rhys Hawkins rhys.hawkins at anu.edu.au
Sun Mar 7 21:15:13 CST 2004

Sorry to disappoint people, but VP/librtp doesn't support IPv6 as
yet. I've stubbed in the ipv6 code but there is no implementation.
I designed the lower levels of librtp so that VP (for example) doesn't
care where the RTP packets come from, be it IPv4, IPv6, file or
something else I haven't thought of yet.

For VP to support IPv6, all that has to be done is the implementation
of the stubs, and perhaps some extra parsing to cope with the different
presentation format. If people are keen for this and I can get access
to a IPv6 machine/network for testing then this could be available
in the next point release of VP.

Cheers,
    Rhys