[AG-TECH] TVS Upgrade Complete

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jun 25 21:54:00 CDT 2004

This weekend DNS should be updating globally to point the name
vv2.mcs.anl.gov to a new server. This server has a modern OS Distribution
installed, and the latest VenueServer code from CVS.

The TVS Venues that are running on the new machine have been slightly
modified; I've removed the screening room, encryption test room, low
bandwidth test room, secure and secure2 room. I've also slightly rearranged
things to be a bit simpler to navigate.

As part of this update, we have installed server monitoring software on the
machine that informs us (the entire AG team) when critical system events
occur so we can maximize the uptime and minimize disruption to the
community.

I'll send more details about our support plan and the ag-2 upgrade soon.

Thanks,

--Ivan