[AG-TECH] Errors silenced?

Susanne Lefvert lefvert at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jun 17 15:06:03 CDT 2004

Hello Rob,

I am glad to hear that you are working on a shared application for the AG
and would like to help you with your logging issue.  Apparently, log files
for shared apps are not created properly and we are working to get that
fixed.  In the mean time, you can use following code to test your app
outside of the venue client:

from AccessGrid.Toolkit import CmdlineApplication
app = CmdlineApplication.instance()
app.Initialize("<appName>")

# Url from app properties dialog in venue client (the 'Location
# URL' field in the dialog that shows up when you right click the
# application session you want to use and select 'Properties').
appUrl = 'https://<host>:<port>/....'

This will print errors to the console and create a log <appName>.log file
where you are running your application.  Also,
AccessGrid/tools/VenueApp.py in cvs shows you how to create an
application session in the venue without using the venue client.

Hope this helps,

Susanne