[AG-TECH] ANL venue server not responding (again?)

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jun 9 08:34:10 CDT 2004

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004, Benedikt Bjarni Bogason wrote:

> Hi, I am having much difficulties in connecting to the ANL venue server as
> well, my venue client just doesn't do anything, and I have to shut it
> down. But I seem to be able to connect to NCSA lobby
> (https://venues.ncsa.uiuc.edu:9000/Venues/default), but that doesn't help
> me much: there is never anybody there to interact with. I am running
> 2.1.2, maybe I should upgrade?

Upgrading will get rid of your old bugs, but clearly it'll only introduce
some new ones. On windows 2.1.2b and 2.2 reside next to each other
cleanly; you might install 2.2 and see if you have the same problems.
Either way, we would like you to file a bugzilla bug report and include
your logs so we can track down what's happening.

> Is there any way to connect to a room (which I normally connect to through
> the ANL venue), without connecting to the ANL venue server (which
> frequently fails)?

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by this, since the venue is the room,
you always connect to that to use the AG. There are other servers which
provide access to various rooms/venues.

> P.s. I still don't understand whether the AG retreat will be available on
> the grid; can I watch it from my pc? And if so, how? I tried to go to the
> venue Cosmic Voyage but there was nothing there.

I believe the answer is, todays showcase is available and on the
agscheduler provided by ncsa, tomorrow and friday is not on the AG.

--Ivan