[AG-TECH] ANL venue server not responding (again?)

Benedikt Bjarni Bogason benedib at hi.is
Wed Jun 9 08:23:09 CDT 2004

Hi, I am having much difficulties in connecting to the ANL venue server as
well, my venue client just doesn't do anything, and I have to shut it
down. But I seem to be able to connect to NCSA lobby
(https://venues.ncsa.uiuc.edu:9000/Venues/default), but that doesn't help
me much: there is never anybody there to interact with. I am running
2.1.2, maybe I should upgrade?

Is there any way to connect to a room (which I normally connect to through
the ANL venue), without connecting to the ANL venue server (which
frequently fails)?

P.s. I still don't understand whether the AG retreat will be available on
the grid; can I watch it from my pc? And if so, how? I tried to go to the
venue Cosmic Voyage but there was nothing there.

Sorry for all these stupid questions, but I am quite new to this stuff..

Thanks,

Benedikt Bogason
benedikt.bogasson at bt.com