[AG-TECH] Upgrading to 2.2

Thomas D. Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jun 3 15:34:17 CDT 2004

The problem with old node configurations is clear, and has to do with
the service manager running on a different port.

When the venue client runs (with the personal node option, which is the
default from the menus), it starts the node service and service manager.
  The service manager was in previous releases on port 12000; it is now
on port 11000.  Old node configurations will look for the service
manager on port 12000 and fail. If you rebuild the node configuration
using a service manager on port 11000, everything should work fine.

Deb:  If you were trying to create a new config using the old port, this
should fix your problem as well.  If not, please forward more detail
about the problem you're encountering.

Thanks,

Tom