[AG-TECH] venue client problems

ULM AccessGrid accessgrid at ulm.edu
Tue Jul 27 08:39:28 CDT 2004

Same here, I get kicked off more often then not.  When I first get into the
main venue I usually can stay on about 50% of the time at least for a couple
of hours.  For every level I drop down into the venues I only have a 50%
chance again to stay in that venue (50% of 50% is 25% and so on and so
forth).  One I get kicked off that's the end.  It just kicks and kicks and
etc...   The only way to get my chances again is to close the venue client
completely(making sure all python processes die because sometimes they
don't) and restarting the venue client.  This gets me back to my chances
again.  It usually takes me around 10 times to get into the venue I need to
get into.

And now that you mention it, it does seem to get faster when it invites me
again and then kicks me over and over again.

I am on 2.2 on a Multi-Node with Windows running my Venue Client and audio
and Fedora running my Video.

Just thought that I would let you know it's not just you :-)

Thanks

Adam Taylor
Computing Center
University of Louisiana at Monroe