[AG-TECH] New Fedora Core 2 AGTk CVS snapshot

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Fri Jul 16 08:57:42 CDT 2004

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004, John Hodrien wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Jul 2004, Douglas Kosovic wrote:
>
>> I ended up getting a TV Capture card with more than just a composite
>> input and was able to reproduce the problem and then find a possible
>> fix.
>
> Magic, I'd come across this one too.
>
> I've got everything looking good apart from audio.  I'm getting the following
> output when rat starts up:
>
> ALSA lib pcm.c:824(snd_pcm_sw_params) snd_pcm_sw_params: params->avail_min
> problem for start_threshold
> Failed to set SW params: invalid argument
> Failed to open device for playback
>
> Any suggestions, in case people here have fixed this one before?

As an evil follow-up to self, I've managed to remove this error by updating
the alsa-libs to 1.0.4 (there's a bugzilla entry for something similar) from
http://people.redhat.com/~walters/alsa/

Have just been kicked off the AG, as they're using it with AG1, so I can't yet
test it's behaving properly, but it was no longer producing the error on the
command line, so here's hoping.

jh

--
"I mean, if 10 years from now, when you are doing something quick and dirty,
  you suddenly visualize that I am looking over your shoulders and say to