[AG-TECH] New Fedora Core 2 AGTk CVS snapshot

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Fri Jul 16 08:41:02 CDT 2004

Hi John,

> > I ended up getting a TV Capture card with more than just a composite
> > input and was able to reproduce the problem and then find a possible
> > fix.
>
> Magic, I'd come across this one too.

That VideoService.py V4L2 related patch I posted probably isn't quite
right, vic should probably begin to transmit only after the inputPort
has been set.

> I've got everything looking good apart from audio.  I'm getting the following
> output when rat starts up:
>
> ALSA lib pcm.c:824(snd_pcm_sw_params) snd_pcm_sw_params: params->avail_min
> problem for start_threshold
> Failed to set SW params: invalid argument
> Failed to open device for playback
>
> Any suggestions, in case people here have fixed this one before?

I haven't come across it.

You might try mucking around with 'alsamixer' and unmute a few things
and increasing the gains, if you haven't already and see if alsamixer
spits out any error messages.

Cheers,
Doug