[AG-TECH] vic issue.

Michael Miller mimiller at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Feb 25 09:13:02 CST 2004

Jennifer,

when you have vic up and running, click the menu button, in the dialog that
comes up there is an "options" button.  Select "Configure on Transmit" from
there.  Then click the "release" button then click "Transmit" button.  When
you click "Transmit" a dialog appears where you can choose the size of the
video.  Pick 352X288.  When you click OK, another dialog will appear
allowing you to change settings for the camera.

Depending on the driver you can do the same with other cameras.  My iBot
firewire camera doesn't offer the 352X288 size.

Hope this helps

Michael Miller
NCSA
At 08:40 AM 2/25/2004, you wrote:

>Hello,
>

>I m having a problem with the size of my displayed video stream.  My video
>does not fill up its window on the vic, but rather it appears as a small
>video window surrounded by a large grey border.  If you want to see what I
>mean, let me know and I ll meet you in the test room.
>

>I am running a PIG (version 2.1.2) on Windows XP, using a logitech quick
>cam and my vic version is v2.8ucl-1.1.3-AG.  In the vic menu, the encoder
>is set to h261 and the size is set to normal.
>

>I m not sure when this problem started& if it started when I loaded
>v.2.1.2, or if it started before.  Also, I don t have this issue when I
>use the vic in VRVS which is vic version v5.3-by VRVS.
>

>Any suggestions?
>

>Thanks!
>

>Jennifer Hare
>

>Systems Programmer
>
>Strategic Initiatives
>
>Information Technology & Computing Services
>
>East Carolina University
>
><mailto:harej at mail.ecu.edu>harej at mail.ecu.edu

Thanx,

Michael Miller
System Engineer
Visualization Technology Support
Computing and Data Management
University of Illinois - UC
217-649-0747

"If you're clear in your vision and trust the people in your team with
clear objectives, they will invariably do their best to achieve everything
desired, and usually deliver everything you could have hoped for and even
more." -Paul Debevec