[AG-TECH] grid-proxy-info & init

Christoph Willing chris at vislab.usyd.edu.au
Mon Feb 2 16:41:57 CST 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 01:53, Robert Olson wrote:
> Why do you need to run grid-proxy-init? Is it for the AG software, or for
> other apps using the certificate?
>
> Any of the AG tools requiring a proxy should be invoking the AGTk
> mechanisms for creating them, and not relying on grid-proxy-init.

Bob,

I currently start VenueServer at boot time from a /etc/rc.d script. Part
of this script ensures that a proxy is available by running
grid-proxy-init before starting VenueServer.py itself. This is OK for
cases of CN=Globus but not CN=Access Grid Developers CA, due to
grid-proxy-init's search path. This is for an unattended machine; I'm
keen for the VenueServer service to start without human intervention
after a reboot.

Randy Groves just recently mentioned service certificates - certificates
without passwords? If these are implemented already, then how do I
obtain one?

chris

--
Chris Willing                      Telephone   (61-2) 9351 3914
Sydney Vislab, F09                      Fax    (61-2) 9351 5955