[AG-TECH] Re: [AG-L] KVM switch problems

Rhys Hawkins Rhys.Hawkins at anu.edu.au
Thu Dec 16 17:44:06 CST 2004

Hi Jason,

A workaround is to switch into text mode then switch back into
the X display using the ctrl-alt-function keys. Not great but
better than nothing.

Originally our KVM's had this problem, then they didn't and then
they did again???

I haven't had the same problem with a USB KVM and gentoo, although
if I change computers on a text display, sometimes the display
is frozen and I have to press ctrl-q to unfreeze it. X display
works fine.

Cheers,
    Rhys