[AG-TECH] KVM switch problems

Jason Bell j.bell at cqu.edu.au
Thu Dec 16 17:35:39 CST 2004

G'day All

I have been having some problems with KVM switches in relation to using
Redhat Fedora, in particular Fedora Core 2 and 3.

Basically what happens is that the mouse moves very strangely and reacts
like it is possessed.  It jumps all over the screen and clicks
everywhere.  I have had this occur with a number of different KVM
switches.

In one example, I had a KVM switch that worked fine on RedHat 7.3, 9.0
and FC1, but wouldn't work correctly for FC2 and FC3.

Anyone else experienced similar problems???  If so, do you know of a
solution or could recommend a good KVM switch in which will work fine.

Thanks in advance,
Jason.

Jason Bell, B.I.T.
B. Info. Tech. (Honours) Student

Network Engineer
Information Technology Division
Central Queensland University

High Performance Computing Support Officer
Central Queensland University

Research Assistant to the Nonlinear Intelligent Systems Research Group
Faculty of Informatics & Communication
Central Queensland University

E-mail : j.bell at cqu.edu.au
Phone : 07 4930 9229