[AG-TECH] Re: Shared Application Problem

Thomas D. Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Dec 14 12:07:22 CST 2004

Lijuan:

Yes, you can run a VenueServer closer to your client(s) to speed up interactions (event
distribution) in shared applications.  Running a venue server is quite simple; you can
find details in the Venue Management manual here:

http://www.mcs.anl.gov/fl/research/accessgrid/documentation/VENUE_MANAGEMENT_MANUAL_HTML/VenueManagementManualHTML.htm

One detail that's not entirely clear there is the exact command line needed to start a
server on Linux.  You can just run 'VenueServer.py' to start the venue server, and use the
'-h' option to see other options for running the venue server.

Tom