[AG-TECH] Re: Shared Application Problem

Lijuan Geng fengfenglili2004 at yahoo.com.sg
Mon Dec 20 21:46:47 CST 2004

Hello,

I have set up a Local Venue Server to improve the Shared Application Speed.

The situation is: Server on pc1 can only be connected by the Venue Client on pc1, while Server on pc2 can only be connected by Venue Client on pc2. When I try to use the Venue Client on pc1 to connect to Server on pc2, the connection cannot be established.

Network no problem. In Venue Management Tool, I didn't set anything special. I wonder if other settings are wrong?

Please give me some suggestions, Thanks!!

Lijuan

"Thomas D. Uram" <turam at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

Lijuan:

Yes, you can run a VenueServer closer to your client(s) to speed up interactions (event
distribution) in shared applications. Running a venue server is quite simple; you can
find details in the Venue Management manual here:

http://www.mcs.anl.gov/fl/research/accessgrid/documentation/VENUE_MANAGEMENT_MANUAL_HTML/VenueManagementManualHTML.htm

One detail that's not entirely clear there is the exact command line needed to start a
server on Linux. You can just run 'VenueServer.py' to start the venue server, and use the
'-h' option to see other options for running the venue server.

Tom