[AG-TECH] CVS AGTk client cannot connect to default server (RH9.0)

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Aug 20 09:06:40 CDT 2004

The answer is the same as it's always been, the AGTk is built using GT2.4.3,
except on windows it uses our customs GT2.0/2.2 port.

When did that get confused?

> > I've downloaded the pre-WS data management client bundle:
> > globus-data-management-client-3.2.1-src_bundle.tar.gz
> >
> > from:
> > http://www-unix.globus.org/toolkit/downloads/3.2.1/#pre-ws-bundles
> >
> > This is what I read in:
> >
> http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/fl/research/accessgrid/software/cvs-instru
> > ctions.html
>
> the newer gt3 version should contain the older gt2 cold as
> well, but if you want to just get the gt2 stuff then the best
> way is from cvs and specifying the version number in the tag
> so you get the right cvs branch.
>
> > The paragraph on Linux says:
> > 1. Have Globus 2.4.3 installed, instructions for that are elsewhere.
> > (you only *need* the globus-data-management-client bundle)
> >
> > Where exactly are the instructions you mention? And where
> is globus 2.4.3?
> > AFAIK, the latest stable globus release is 3.2.1.
>
> the instructions I got were from a mailing list, the pyGlobus
> one, you'd be hard pressed to actually fine any documentation
> on any of the actual web sites.

We have no control over the globus web pages or distribution model. GT 2.4.3
got buried in their latest release and we've had a difficult time trying to
find it ourselves, at times. If someone wants to write up instructions to
help the people doing ports we'd be happy to get them on the web pages, but
come on, I might be only on my first cup of coffee, but this sounds really
crabby at the AG team when we're just users of the globus toolkit, we can't
fix what that group does...

I'll get more coffee and see if I my interpretation gets better ;)

--Ivan